Monday, June 9, 2008

Zappos.com

Probably one of the best things to happen to the shoe-shopping world. Seriously. My mom would agree with me.
The other day, I was on Zappos searching for some dress shoes. I did a customized search where I selected type, size, color, and price range of shoes that I was looking for. This is one of the only times I've ever seen women's shoes available in size 10.5. That never happens! I have big feet, but sometimes an 11 is too big and a 10 is too small. I'm not sure who decided that most women's shoes didn't need to be offered in size 10.5, but apparently, when they get that big, who cares, right?
Wrong. I guess I'm one of the five people in the world that could actually benefit from that shoe size.
Fortunately for me, Zappos has the biggest selection of shoes I've ever seen. Even with my highly customized search of size 10.5 black dress shoes with a 1 3/4" to 2 1/2" heel, I had quite a selection to choose from. I found a couple pairs to my liking and placed my order.
Another thing I love about Zappos: free standard ground shipping. That's what I always get.
A few hours later, I received an email from the friendly people in Zappos customer service, notifying me that my shipment has been upgraded to Next-Day Air...absolutely free of charge. It's not every day you can get next-day air shipping for free. Whoa, these people must really love me.
Today I got my two new pairs of shoes. And they're perfect.

No comments: