Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Packing

I hate it. So I'm avoiding it.
I'm leaving for London in three days, and I've only just started packing. But every time I try to sit down and do it, a more attractive option presents itself. And I'm very easily distracted.
Perhaps it would be beneficial for me to explain exactly why I'm going to London. I'm going over there for a two-month internship with EuroNews, a European broadcast station. I'm working in their London office with a program called Comment Visions. Check it out. It's quite interesting. Each month they focus on a different topic and put together a sort of long-format news piece featuring an expert (the "guest speaker" of the month) on that topic. Then they ask a whole bunch of other professionals in the field (opinion leaders) for written comments on the subject. At this point, all I know of my responsibilities is that they will consist mostly of researching and establishing contact with these Opinion Leaders. And a possible trip to Brussels (can't really complain about that one). I'll try to provide a more detailed explanation once I actually start work.

I'd better get back to packing...

2 comments:

Matt Nielsen said...

I am so jealous you're going to London! Hope you have a great flight. Yeah, I know the feeling of packing. I put off my packing too. It can be a pain.

Unknown said...

ooo. so compelling. i cant wait. details details details.