Thursday, July 10, 2008

Weather in London

I wore long pants, a jacket, and a scarf to work yesterday. This is the type of outfit that I normally wear during the fall and winter. I wasn't planning on dressing like this in the middle of July.

It rained all day. From 6:30 in the morning (yes, I was awake then) until about 9 p.m. And that's fairly common here. Coming from a place like Utah, I'm not accustomed to this kind of weather. I think I've probably used my little lime-green umbrella more in the past two weeks than in the previous three years that I've owned it. But this is a typical London summer.

Fortunately, Mother Nature throws out little gold coins to keep me from getting completely depressed. Today the sun is shining. That means I can wear a short-sleeved dress with open-toe shoes and eat my lunch outside again.

No comments: